Skilled special needs teacher with the ability to work with children of various intellectual, behavioral and physical challenges. Strong communication skills with parents concerns and anxieties for their children starting preschool by truly listening with compassion and validating their concerns. Child advocate with over 11 years experience working in a student-focused learning environment helping students improve their literacy and behavioral needs. Julie is truly thankful for her gifts of love and patience she has for children and parents. Julie has been guest speaker at Palomar College Child Development Department to Student and Teachers about Anti-Bulling programs. Lee Hirsh movie “Bully” is the bases of the teaching.
- Able to adapt to each child’s temperament
- Active participation establishing in MOPS from ground up at North Coast Church
- Diverse classroom environments
- Creative imagination stimulation
- Strong collaborator
- Clear public speaking skills
- Behavioral/cognitive skills development
- Experience working special needs students
- Effectively works with parents
- Positive learning environments
- Effective class management
- Validating parents concerns of development and behaviors
- Creating a loving safe environment for children to thrive
- Having love for children unconditionally and helping them to shine in all circumstances
Help in home day care set their homes to be effective, positive environments for care giver and child
- Served as Tri-City Christian Elementary School principal.
- Developed the American Sign Language program at Vista High School and have taught ASL there for 12 years.
- Researched under fellowship with the National Center on Deafness at California State University, Northridge to earn Master’s Degree in Educational Administration: area of Deafness.
- Taught Deaf students for 20 years in the San Diego Unified School District as well as Wake County School District in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Designed and implemented a parent/infant program for Deaf children and their families in Raleigh, North Carolina. Taught ASL to parents and babies.
- Designed and implemented a program for Severely Emotionally Disturbed Deaf students at Lafayette Elementary in San Diego.
- Lenoir-Rhyne College, Hickory, North Carolina. Double major: Early Childhood Education and Deaf Education. Trained at the North Carolina School for the Deaf in Morganton, North Carolina.
- North Carolina State University. Selected classes.
- California State University, Northridge. Awarded a fellowship to earn Master’s Degree in Educational Administration with emphasis on Deafness.
- 13 years teaching at UAF/TVC.
- Full Time Faculty TVCC/ Allied Health
- Assistant Professor UAF/TVC
- UAF/TVC Adjunct Instructor
Dr, Ron Gillas
Dr. Earl Henslin
has a doctorate in clinical psychology and is a licensed marriage and family therapist, former part-time faculty member at the Rosemead Graduate School of Psychology at Biola University, La Mirada, California, author of seven books, and co-author of three books and numerous professional articles. He is a member of several professional organizations and helped in the founding of Overcomers Outreach to aid churches in establishing support groups. He has led seminars and retreats for lay people and professionals nationally and internationally. Dr Henslin has also been involved with coaching executives and helping businesses become “brain-healthy organizations.”
Ms. Sally Barbella NP, Psychiatric/Mental Health, Psychiatric Mental Health.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Sally Barbella provides a wealth of professional substance abuse treatment experience to Northbound Treatment Services. Prior to working at Northbound, Ms. Barbella demonstrated her expertise in addiction treatment as both Clinical Director and Executive Director at Pacific Hills Treatment Center in Southern California. Sally completed her Bachelor’s degree in 1984 at Columbia University in New York City where she developed a passion for working in challenging and fast paced clinical environment like the emergency room. In 2003, Sally received her Master’s Degree as a Family Nurse Practitioner. A few years later, in 2007, Ms. Barbella completed her post-graduate studies specializing as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner from Cal State, Long Beach. Although Ms. Barbella has treated many families and individuals over the span of her career, her dedication and commitment exists primarily in the field of addiction and co-occurring mental health issues. Her greatest passion is her two beautiful daughters, Clare and Grace who currently reside with her in South Orange County.